TransACT ISP comparison (long)

Martijn van Oosterhout kleptog at svana.org
Mon Jul 29 10:56:38 EST 2002

On Fri, Jul 26, 2002 at 07:09:32PM +1000, Simon Burton wrote:
> On Fri, 26 Jul 2002 15:29:09 +1000
> Alfred <alfred at mazuma.net.au> wrote:
>
> >  From my experience, simply surfing to slashdot daily, checking email
> > and doing some ssh work you chew through about 1Gb a month. If you start
> > downloading ISO images that quickly goes up.
> >
> > I would start with a larger plan (2 Gb say?) and scale it back once you
> > know your usage under high bandwidth conditions :)
> >

> huh? i surf hard daily and never make it to 1/4 of my 800 meg limit.
> how do you do it? where are the cool movies etc. for download????
> oh, maybe it's ur ssh work?

Heh. Sounds like me. I read several sites, check email all the time and get
to the end of the month to find I've only done 200Mb or something. So in
the last few days I apt-get like mad and find a CD image. Except they
usually come off gamearena so are free anyway.

Maybe it's online gaming that chews the bandwidth so much?
--
Martijn van Oosterhout   <kleptog at svana.org>   http://svana.org/kleptog/