C books (was "K&R C book wanted")

Felix cortex at neurofractal.org
Sun Jul 28 16:07:16 EST 2002

>> COMP2310

>   The guy at the Co-op said that there were no (ANU) courses this
> semester that required K&R which is why they didn't have any in stock,
> so I'm a little surprised you say you need it.  I assume it isn't an
> essential text.

Yeah, it's not officially required. However, a working knowledge of C is
required, and the lecturer (Richard Walker) basically said "if you're
serious about C you need this book--nothing else comes close."

However he said you could get by using web resources.
This one looks OK:
http://www.acm.uiuc.edu/webmonkeys/book/c_guide/

::felix