ISP And Contract Issues (was Re: Webone blocking port 25??)

Joshua McKinney clug at bitfed.com
Sat Jul 27 16:29:42 EST 2002

I've been using phpwebhosting.com for a coupke of months now, and they are the masters of providing special case stuff for me. They only allow ssh in not telnet, but I needed it to be available on port 23 to get around a firewall at uni and they did it no questions asked.  This is just one example, there are others.

Josh

On Thu, Jul 25, 2002 at 10:12:33PM +1000, Paul Bryan wrote:

> On Thu, 25 Jul 2002 21:18, Martijn van Oosterhout wrote:
>
> > I beleive that as long as the company allows you to quit without
> > (financial) penalty you'd have a hard time arguing they should make a
> > special case just for you.
>
> Does any ISP actually do that?
>
> - --
> Paul Bryan