TransACT ISP comparison (long)

Kim Holburn kim.holburn at anu.edu.au
Fri Jul 26 17:44:33 EST 2002

At 5:32 PM +1000 02/7/26, Bill Clarke wrote:
>On Fri, 2002-07-26 at 17:24, Matthew Hawkins wrote:
>[...snip...]
>> > I would start with a larger plan (2 Gb say?) and scale it back once you
>> > know your usage under high bandwidth conditions :)
>>
>> First see if any of the ISP's will be flexible with the plan, even if
>> for just the first month.  ie, let you sign up for what you consider to
>> be appropriate usage, but switch to a cheaper-for-you plan should your
>> usage differ.  Some ISP's in the area actually do the S bit of ISP and
>> are happy to let you find their plan that works best for you.
>
>that's a good suggestion matt, thanks.
>
>oh, i forgot another important point: Webone have the "offpeak bonus"
>where dl's between 0030 - 0930 hours are effectively half the actual MB
>dl'ed.

WebOne sends you an automated message if your downloads exceed your plan and if your downloads would be more than the cost of a higher plan they  allow and encourage you to change to the higher plan.  Which I thought was rather nice, very different attitude to Telstra eh?

Kim

Kim Holburn  Network Consultant  Ph: +61 2 61258620 M: +61 0417820641
Email: kim.holburn at anu.edu.au - PGP Public Key on request

Life is complex - It has real and imaginary parts.
     Andrea Leistra (rec.arts.sf.written.Robert-jordan)