TransACT ISP comparison (long)

Bill Clarke llib at computer.org
Fri Jul 26 17:32:13 EST 2002

On Fri, 2002-07-26 at 17:24, Matthew Hawkins wrote:
[...snip...]
> > I would start with a larger plan (2 Gb say?) and scale it back once you
> > know your usage under high bandwidth conditions :)
>
> First see if any of the ISP's will be flexible with the plan, even if
> for just the first month.  ie, let you sign up for what you consider to
> be appropriate usage, but switch to a cheaper-for-you plan should your
> usage differ.  Some ISP's in the area actually do the S bit of ISP and
> are happy to let you find their plan that works best for you.

that's a good suggestion matt, thanks.

oh, i forgot another important point: Webone have the "offpeak bonus"
where dl's between 0030 - 0930 hours are effectively half the actual MB
dl'ed.

cheers,
/lib
--
/lib: Bill Clarke  ResearchScientist CAPResearch DeptCompSci ANU .au
http://llib.cjb.net llib at computer.org  tel:+61-2-6125x5687 fax:x0010