TransACT ISP comparison (long)

David Gibson david at gibson.dropbear.id.au
Fri Jul 26 16:48:56 EST 2002

On Fri, Jul 26, 2002 at 03:59:06PM +1000, Chris Fletcher wrote:
> NetSpeed's offices in the Curtin shops are connected via TransACT.  They
> also have an internet cafe so you can check out the performance for
> yourself.  If you ask nicely they even have a 'showcase' where they can
> demonstrate the TV, Internet and VOD services on the 'big screen'.
>
> They also run 'open days' every now and then which are pretty good.  And
> they also were running the LANFest and NerdFest LAN parties there for a
> while until they ran out of room for all the people.  All for free too, so
> they are pretty good in my books.
>
> Speak to Brian someone (sorry, don't know his last name) he's the manager
> and he seems like a nice guy - no b.s. easy to talk to.

On the other hand at least one person on this list had extremely bad
experiences with their TransACT service.  And the one time I've been
in contact with them (not related at all to TransACT) they did not
inspire confidence:
	Me: Hello, I'd like to check prices on colocating a server.
	Them: Colocate?
	Me: Yes
	Them: What's colocating?