Webone blocking port 25??

Paul Bryan pa_bryan at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Jul 26 14:21:03 EST 2002

No that sounds interesting!

I can imagine research projects undertaken my universites to create their own
encrypted, only-get-in-by-prior-agreement network over the top of the
internet.

Even better, hook into internet2 and enjoy the unrestrained bandwidth of a
public-free internet again!

Mind you, slashdot would have to join up, the kernel archives, apache, GNU,
and so on and so on... oh I like joecartoon as well so that'd be in.

I wonder if we'd just end up where we started actually?

We'd probably end up having some one like VeriSign granting any one access
provided they paid the dollars. Sure you could try and create isolated
networks but then they be ... isolated.

Don't get me wrong, I like the idea of it, but reality sets in and it all
starts again.