ISP And Contract Issues (was Re: Webone blocking port 25??)

Weatherburn Natasha natasha.weatherburn at ACCC.GOV.AU
Fri Jul 26 11:22:39 EST 2002

You sign the contract to say that they can change the terms whenever they
want.  Essentially you agree to that.  If you don't agree to it, change the
contract or don't sign it.

Consumer protection doesn't cover not reading contracts before you sign them
(ie. stupidity).

-----Original Message-----
From: Alfred [mailto:alfred at mazuma.net.au]
Sent: Thursday, 25 July 2002 9:10
To: Alex Satrapa
Cc: Chris Fletcher; CLUG
Subject: Re: ISP And Contract Issues (was Re: Webone blocking port 25??)

<snip>
 > That's one reason many companies like Telstra put in clauses
> stating "we reserve the right to change the terms whenever we want."
>
> Alex

Is it legal to have those clauses? Doesn't some form of consumer
protection kick in here?

--
Alfred Reynolds
alfred at mazuma.net.au

IMPORTANT: This email from the Australian Competition and Consumer
Commission (ACCC), and any attachments to it, contain information that is
confidential and may also be the subject of legal professional or other
privilege.  If you are not the intended recipient, you must not review,
copy, disseminate, disclose to others or take action in reliance of, any
material contained within this email.  If you have received this email in
error, please let the ACCC know by reply email to the sender informing them
of the mistake and delete all copies from your computer system.