Webone blocking port 25??

Martijn van Oosterhout kleptog at svana.org
Thu Jul 25 21:23:02 EST 2002

On Thu, Jul 25, 2002 at 08:25:51PM +1000, Chris Fletcher wrote:
> NetSpeed don't care what you put in the from field.  They protect their mail
> server based on the originating IP address.  Much smarter to do it that way.

Actually, you can setup mail servers to check that the domain in the from:
field exists using a DNS lookup with temporary failure being considered OK.

I can assure you this cuts down on the number of incorrectly configured
customer setups. If they mistype their reply address, their mailer will tell
them the moment they try to send an email. Rather than three weeks later
while you have them on the phone.

--
Martijn van Oosterhout   <kleptog at svana.org>   http://svana.org/kleptog/