ISP And Contract Issues (was Re: Webone blocking port 25??)

Martijn van Oosterhout kleptog at svana.org
Thu Jul 25 21:18:50 EST 2002

On Thu, Jul 25, 2002 at 09:10:16PM +1000, Alfred wrote:
> <snip>
>  > That's one reason many companies like Telstra put in clauses
> > stating "we reserve the right to change the terms whenever we want."
> >
> > Alex
>
> Is it legal to have those clauses? Doesn't some form of consumer
> protection kick in here?

Well, if it's not then there's a problem, because it's a *very* common
clause. It's helpful for the company because then they can cover every
customer under the same Terms and Conditions, irrespective of when they
signed up. Just imagine the savings in legal fees.

I beleive that as long as the company allows you to quit without (financial)
penalty you'd have a hard time arguing they should make a special case just
for you.
--
Martijn van Oosterhout   <kleptog at svana.org>   http://svana.org/kleptog/