Webone blocking port 25??

Chris Fletcher cf at netspeed.com.au
Thu Jul 25 19:21:41 EST 2002

> I don't think you can point to anywhere in your contract where it said
that
> port 25 should be open. And anything not explicitly mentioned (or implied
by
> law) in your contract is just a bonus which can be withdrawn at any time.

Goodness me - do you think the same would apply for port 80 or port 443?
Hello this is Webone we are an internet provider - sort of - excpet for web
traffic, internet banking and sending emails - we reserve the right to
remove those services and any other services we feel like.  But we still
provide Internet access.  Honest.

Why should 25 be treated any different to 80, 21, 443 or any of the other
important ones.  Or any at all for that matter.  An ISP should provide the
'road' and leave it up to me to lock my front door.