pty-wrapper

Peter Barker pbarker at barker.dropbear.id.au
Tue Jul 23 10:18:53 EST 2002

On Mon, 22 Jul 2002, Rasjid Wilcox wrote:

> I'm after a utility that 'wraps' up the tty (or is it the pty?), standard in
> and standard out of a process, so it can be controlled by standard in and

Possibly "pty", which ships (I think) with ppp? Came across it a while
ago, most recently though with tridge's ppp-over-ssh stuff.

> standard out (of the utility).  This is mainly to enable the writing of a GUI
> frontend for a utility to talk to ssh.

Hmmm.... this is frought with danger. You have to be paranoid with this
sort of thing in terms of flushing buffers etc etc.

Would expect do the job? Particularly expecttk and libexpect...

> Rasjid.

Yours,
--
Peter Barker                          |   N    _--_|\ /---- Barham, Vic
Programmer,Sysadmin,Geek              | W + E /     /\