Wireless bridging

Bob Edwards Robert.Edwards at anu.edu.au
Sat Jul 20 20:00:15 EST 2002

Jeremy wrote:

> Incidentally I am pretty happy with handing out free internet access - no download
> cap means I don't really care if people sneak a bit.  I'm wondering if this
> attitude will become more common.

I guess you have checked with your ISP agreement that this is OK with them?

One of the issues that I wonder about is what happens if someone cruising
past uses your link to launch a DoS attack or upload some illegal material
or whatever. What recourse do you have if the Feds come knocking on your door?

Don't want to be a party pooper, just curious about our obligations in an
Internet-connected society.

Cheers,

Bob Edwards.