Wireless bridging

Jeremy jeremy at webone.com.au
Sat Jul 20 00:28:37 EST 2002

Has anyone tried bridging a wireless and  wired network?  I've just
spent the whole night trying and it seems to be impossible.  The
highlight was the point where I had the bridge interface responding to
pings from both sides, but still not bridging.

Worse, I am now at the point where a tcpdump on each interface shows
the packets being sent, but the packets never go into the air and the
kernel issues a 'Tx error, state 4'.

I have the cards talking to each other because when I assign addresses
they work.  But the bridging code doesn't seem to be able to send using
the orinoco code.

Ho hum, back to IP 'bridging'.