CLUG Wiki (was: Re: Red Hat 7.3)

Kim Holburn kim.holburn at anu.edu.au
Fri Jul 19 11:16:13 EST 2002

At 4:33 AM +0000 02/7/18, mpainf at tpg.com.au wrote:
>Had someone come and do a survey from the ABS a couple of months
>before the census re computers and their usage in the home.  She got
>to the question of "How many computers do you have?".

I suppose she didn't say "general purpose" computers?  When you count dedicated systems there are an awful lot of computers in most peoples' homes these days!

>I responsed by
>asking "In regular use or not?"  That stumped her. She finally
>decided that she wanted to know the number of computers whether they
>were in use of not, working or not. So when I answered 7 (I actually
>forgot two), she commented that she had never come across someone
>with that many computers before....

Kim

Kim Holburn  Network Consultant  Ph: +61 2 61258620 M: +61 0417820641
Email: kim.holburn at anu.edu.au - PGP Public Key on request

Life is complex - It has real and imaginary parts.
     Andrea Leistra (rec.arts.sf.written.Robert-jordan)