CLUG Wiki (was: Re: Red Hat 7.3)

mpainf at tpg.com.au mpainf at tpg.com.au
Thu Jul 18 14:33:31 EST 2002

> Peter Lavender <plaven at bigpond.net.au> wrote:
> > They have no appreciation of the requirement to have it
there "just in
> > case".
>
> Exactly! I hate throwing away working hardware. I might need it
when my
> barely-working hardware becomes not-quite-working hardware.
>
> I don't really have the money to buy new stuff, so I have to keep
lots
> of spares around.
>
> Then again, maybe I'm just the computing version of the redneck who
has
> seven dead pickup bodies up on blocks in the back yard...

Aren't we all?

Had someone come and do a survey from the ABS a couple of months
before the census re computers and their usage in the home.  She got
to the question of "How many computers do you have?".  I responsed by
asking "In regular use or not?"  That stumped her. She finally
decided that she wanted to know the number of computers whether they
were in use of not, working or not. So when I answered 7 (I actually
forgot two), she commented that she had never come across someone
with that many computers before....

Mark P.
--
.sig - TBA