uaccess.h

luis herrada lherrada at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 17 07:44:56 EST 2002

Hello, I am new in this list and I'd like to know if
there is anyone who has used the header uaccess.h
which is included with the sources in my Red Hat 6.2

I am just learning about the design of device drivers
under Linux so I wanted to compile a simple program
that detects a hardware (in this case a plain memory
address). Everything was going fine until I ran into
the functions copy_to_user and copy_from_user which
are defined in the header uaccess.h.

I received an error message from this header that says
"Deference pointer ..." in the function verify_area.

Errors in my source code can be corrected but errors
in the headers are not easy to solve because I didn't
write them.
Has any of you had problems like this one using this
horrible library?
I am using the Kernel version 2.2.14.
I can send the source code if required.

Thanks for your help