transact vpn- vapourware private network

Michael Smarsz Michael.Smarsz at transact.com.au
Tue Jul 9 09:27:33 EST 2002

>A little birdy told me that this is because webone are not /able/ to measure
>this traffic with the Linux pc based router they have to route all transact
>users data.  I would have thought they would use something a little more
>'purposeful' like a proper Cisco router or the like.  This is the broadband
>world after all.

I can confirm that to be the case - well, at least /used/ to be the case.  They have far more equipment now in TransACTs telehousing facility.  I'm not able to recall exactly what they have, but if my memory is serving me at all, they now have numerous appliance-type dvices for proxy/hosting functions and I'm pretty sure I have seen a couple of Cisco's kickin around in there too.

They have definately upped their game since they were first switched on.