transact vpn- vapourware private network

Chris Fletcher cf at netspeed.com.au
Tue Jul 9 09:17:23 EST 2002

>(I think webone at least has peering as well)
Yes, WebOne were quite early to offer free peering between their TransACT
customers.

A little birdy told me that this is because webone are not /able/ to measure
this traffic with the Linux pc based router they have to route all transact
users data.  I would have thought they would use something a little more
'purposeful' like a proper Cisco router or the like.  This is the broadband
world after all.