Debian mirrors and sources.list selections

David Clarke gadicath at dishevelled.net
Tue Jul 2 18:29:52 EST 2002

On Tue, 02 Jul 2002, Rasjid Wilcox wrote:
> The bigest problem I had was initially I was using the
> planetmirror.com debian mirror.  I could not get the install to work -
> dselect kept complaining that I was removing critical packages.  I
> eventually tried mirror.aarnet.edu.au, and everything went off without
> a hitch.  Has anyone else had problems with planetmirror not being
> properly syncronised?  And any suggestions for the best mirror to use
> from Webone?

I've not had problems with planetmirror being out of sync, I have had
problems with connecting to it before.  mirror.aarnet.edu.au is the one
I'm using at the moment, it's normally alright.  I've also used
http://mirror.pacific.net.au/ which was alright too.

> I've set my /etc/apt/sources.list to look at unstable.  However, this
> did not work for http://security.debian.org.  The best I could do here
> was woody.  Is this because that unstable is always going to be at
> least as up-to-date as security anyway, and I should just remove that
> line???

It wouldn't hurt to leave that line in there, but I don't think it will
really be necessary.

	David

--
All generalizations are false, including this one. -- Mark Twain