Using iptables for forward some packets

Michael Still mikal at stillhq.com
Tue Jul 2 10:08:43 EST 2002

Hello.

I am having iptables confusion issues. I have a packet (a DHCP request in
this case). The packet arrives on my firewall on wlan0, and I want to push
it straight out eth0. I then need to push the response back the same
way...

I have:

echo "Forwarding selected wireless packets"
iptables -A FORWARD -i wlan0 -o eth0 -p udp --dport 67 -j ACCEPT
iptables -A FORWARD -i eth0 -o wlan0 -p udp --dport 67 -s 172.31.0.50/32 -j ACCEPT

And I'm proud to say it doesn't work. Can I have a hint please?

Mikal

--

Michael Still (mikal at stillhq.com)     UMT+10hrs