Help - Highpoint Hotrod 100 Pro Raid and Redhat 7.3

Dave dave at webone.com.au
Mon Jul 1 21:24:05 EST 2002

I am moving from Windows to Linux, (or at least trying to).  Product Activation is the last straw.

My first problem is my hardware raid.  I have a ABIT KT7A motherboard with a build in Highpoint Hot Rod 100 Pro, (or more precisely HPT370) Raid controller.

When I run the redhat 7.3 installation it happily ignores my raid 0 array of two disks and reports on my two disks separately for partioning etc.

The Highpoint website has drivers for redhat 7.3.  The only problem being I have to flash my controller chip.

Questions:  Can I flash my HPT370 which is not on a highpoint card but integrated on my board.  I am going to try to do this anyway so someone stop me quick, (sorry thats a hardware question).

What do I do with the Highpoint drivers during installation?

Any help much appreciated.

Regards
Dave