Linux, D3 & "nailed" ports

Howard Lowndes lannet at lannet.com.au
Thu Jan 31 16:57:43 EST 2002

D3 is the current version of what was known as Pick, from Pick Systems,
now Raining Data Systems.  It's a non-first-normal-form database engine
and was designed by Dick Pick (dec) around the same time that Ken
Thompson and Dennis Ritchie were giving birth to Unix out of Multics.

It used to run stand-alone on a variety of platforms, but more recently is
now only available as a virtual engine on *nix platforms, which it uses
mainly for the comms and file systems which were poor to bloody abysmal
in original Pick, well the comms was, at least.

--
Howard.
LANNet Computing Associates - Your Linux people