kppp modem query not working

Stephen York steveski at dingoblue.net.au
Sat Jan 26 18:31:27 EST 2002

Hi,

I been trying to get kppp running.  I can run it fine, but whenever I
click the query modem button, I get a message back stating the the modem
can't be found.

If I run minicom, I can atz atdt and successfully logon to my ISP.
Also if minicom is running, clicking uery modem within kppp works,
except all the details appear in the minicom window rather than in the
kppp 'ATI' details window.
If I close minicom, then the query from kpp won't work again.

I'm sure it's something quite simple, but I just don't know where to
look.

Any ideas????

Stephen York