Getting a defaultroute to stick

Howard Lowndes lannet at lannet.com.au
Fri Jan 25 18:21:37 EST 2002

I have a site which is dual homed (ADSL and PSTN)

I am trying to script /etc/ppp/ip-down.local so that when the ADSL
connection goes down (the rp-pppoe script for bringing it up has the
defaultroute option) I want the default route to toggle over to the PSTN.

By running debug code in the ip-down.local script I can see the toggling
happening, but at the end of the day the (new) default route has
disappeared again.

Could it be that because this connection that is going down has the
defaultroute associated with it, it takes down any defaultroute that it
finds as its last act of defiance?  It ceratinly appears that way

--
Howard.
LANNet Computing Associates - Your Linux people