Smoothwall logs

Rasjid Wilcox rasjidw at bigpond.com
Sat Jan 19 19:18:40 EST 2002

On Sat, 19 Jan 2002 09:04, you wrote:
> On Saturday, January 19, 2002, at 12:08 , Rasjid Wilcox wrote:
> > I'm getting a whole lot of IGMP packets logged trying to go from my
> > smoothwall box to 224.0.0.1.
>
> As in - the SmoothWall box is generating them?  Or the TransACT router
> is sending them to your network through the SmoothWall box?

No, they seem to be being generated by my Smoothwall box, but I suspect it is
I was on dial-up, and it would seem strange if Smoothwall blocked its own
activity related to PPPOE.

If no-one on the list knows what is going on here, I will contact TransACT
and/or Webone and hopefully someone there will tell me what is going on and
what the best thing to do about it is.

Failing joy there, I will (continue) to drop the packets as I am now
currently doing.

> > I don't really understand a lot of what the above pages are really
> > getting
> > at, but it looks to me as perhaps I should be allowing these packets
> > through??
>
> I'd be tempted to drop them (REJECT) quietly.

Rasjid.