about the improvment of network performance

Alex Satrapa grail at goldweb.com.au
Fri Jan 18 14:30:39 EST 2002

On Thursday, January 17, 2002, at 07:56 , zheng wrote:

> there must be some way to improve the performance of the system.i found
> some articles,but can not meet my need. can anyone tell me exactly what
> parameters i should tune to get the highest performance?

First, you'll need to describe your system a little better.  You won't
get any better than 34kbps over a dialup modem link on a 33.6kbps modem,
for example.

Try and tell us a little about the problem you're observing - does the
network always stay slow, or does it only slow down in certain
conditions?  What is the symptom that's causing you the most grief?
Have you tried different hardware?  What different configurations have
you tried?

The more specific you can be about the help you're looking for, the more
likely it is that someone will volunteer support.