Best firewall gateway version of Linux ?

Simon Haddon simon at sibern.com.au
Thu Jan 17 23:41:39 EST 2002

When this thread started I expressed interest in setting up a firewall as
I had just bought a Pentuim166 for just that purpose.  It is a unisys
CWD.  Very tiny and functional.

After listening to what everyone has said I decided to give IPCop a go.
I configured it installed it and away it went.  The only problems with
the installation was that it didn't want to autoprobe my network card so
I had to configure it manually.  After installing IPCop I also had to
change the modprobe command to load "ne" not "ne.o".

Now it is working and it was a very easy to set up.

When I did this I wanted to make minimum changes to my server.  Then only
changes I have had to make are
1.	to stop it performing the dial in
2.	change to gateway to point to the firewall.

All the rest was don in the firewall and it was spelt out how do do it on
their web site.

I give my vote to IPCop.

On 17/01/02, 10:44:18 AM, Alex Satrapa <grail at goldweb.com.au> wrote
regarding Re: Best firewall gateway version of Linux ?: