Any Ideas on where else to look for second hand CPUS?

Steven Hanley sjh at wibble.net
Tue Jan 15 15:42:04 EST 2002

On Tue, Jan 15, 2002 at 12:15:04PM +1100, Alex Satrapa wrote:
> On Tuesday, January 15, 2002, at 10:29 , Peter Lavender wrote:
>
> >Same with the RAM.  You get a feel for what you should pay for it.  Most
> >sellers think that becusae 72pin edo ram isn't made anymore they can
> >change
> >a lot for it, but remember that prices for new hardware makes
> >selling/buying
> >second hand gear some what questionable in value.
>
> A friend of mine went hard drive shopping one day.  We looked at brand
> new 2Gb drives - about $300 each.  That was a little too big and a
> little too much money.  So we went to a couple of second hand shops.
> Some didn't have any hard drives that they were willing to sell
> separately from the PC.  One wanted to sell a 150Mb drive for almost
> $200.

> So eventually my friend buckled and bought the 2Gb drive.

huh, well how do hard disk purchases have anything to do with excessive edo
ram prices. As for hard disk purchaesing, what the hell are you doing spending
$200 on a 2 GB drive. Currently stores (Cougar for example) are selling 60GB
drives (7200 RPM, ATA100, westernt digital, or ibm) for $360, for the $200
price range they have 20 GB drives in both those brands. These drives work
fine on old hardware running linux.

        See You
            Steve

--