Keyboard lock with USB mouse and XFree86

Alex Satrapa grail at goldweb.com.au
Tue Jan 15 12:09:26 EST 2002

On Tuesday, January 15, 2002, at 10:11 , Matthew Gibbins wrote:
>   By the way I'm beginning to think it might be something far more
>   subtle as I could not find any error messages in the log of the X
>   session. However, the IDE bus unceremoniously died and completely
>   futzed the entire system. Though it did manage to resurrect after a
> short
>   respite.

What about dmesg?

If the IDE bus and the keyboard are playing up - perhaps you need to
check that you've got the right options in the kernel to cater for buggy
chip sets.  Or perhaps just save yourself a lot of heartache and get a
new motherboard!

(and tell everyone what the dodgey one was, so we can avoid it in
future ;)

Alex