Best firewall gateway version of Linux ?

Gary Woodman antigramp at yahoo.com.au
Tue Jan 15 12:06:13 EST 2002

--- Burn Alting <burn at goldweb.com.au> wrote:

> most common version of Linux used on as firewall/gateway system (eg
> Smoothwall, etc). I'm assuming the most common would mean the one of
> the better ones.

I looked at this some months ago, for a project that never came to
fruition.

The best fit for our needs in a special-purpose distribution was
Mandrake's Single Network Firewall - the key factor was its inclusion
of squid, which wasn't (then) in things like Smoothwall or e-smith.

Otherwise, I would be inclined to DIY with Debian.

Gary