Any Ideas on where else to look for second hand CPUS?

Alex Satrapa grail at goldweb.com.au
Tue Jan 15 12:15:04 EST 2002

On Tuesday, January 15, 2002, at 10:29 , Peter Lavender wrote:

> Same with the RAM.  You get a feel for what you should pay for it.  Most
> sellers think that becusae 72pin edo ram isn't made anymore they can
> change
> a lot for it, but remember that prices for new hardware makes
> selling/buying
> second hand gear some what questionable in value.

A friend of mine went hard drive shopping one day.  We looked at brand
new 2Gb drives - about $300 each.  That was a little too big and a
little too much money.  So we went to a couple of second hand shops.
Some didn't have any hard drives that they were willing to sell
separately from the PC.  One wanted to sell a 150Mb drive for almost
$200.

So eventually my friend buckled and bought the 2Gb drive.

It may be time to sever the emotional ties with those Slot 1
motherboards.  I know it's hard.  I've got a 386DX/40 motherboard
sitting next to me which will, one day, have 32 pin SIMMs to populate it
again.

Alex