Best firewall gateway version of Linux ?

Antti.Roppola at brs.gov.au Antti.Roppola at brs.gov.au
Tue Jan 15 12:08:26 EST 2002

I run my firewall on a Debian box, it's quite nice
to have security.debain.org in my apt sources.list.  :o)

It's not running any services (aka mail, sshd), which
makes for fewer potential exploits to keep tabs on. When
I was running sshd on it, I used ipchains to keep it hidden
from other machines.

"Better" is subjective, Smoothwall would probably have been
easier to set up. It depends on what sort of firewall you want.

Antti