Transparent Firewalling

Nathan Le Nevez npl at acis.com.au
Sun Jan 13 11:33:29 EST 2002

Gurus,

Does anyone out there have an in-depth knowledge of Proxy ARP? I have a
Class C network with a gateway box (that we cant touch) and we want to
implement some sort of IP Accounting. My idea was to stick a linux box in
between the gateway and the rest of the network and do some IPTables rules
but as yet have had no luck. I need to be able to set this up without
changing the configuration of any other machines.

Any help/ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Nathan

Nathan Le Nevez (nathan.lenevez at acis.com.au)
Australian Corporate Information Solutions
(ACIS Pty Ltd)
Tel. (02) 6122 2102
Fax. (02) 6282 4328
Mob: 0413 411 136