Ethernet testing software

adrian adrian at snowy.net.au
Sat Jan 12 21:40:27 EST 2002

I am looking for some simple linux routines/programmes that can be used
to test an ethernet card or device and then the transmission medium. It
must be unidirectional, i.e. it cannot expect a reply from the remote
end. At this point in time I can only transmit in one direction.

I would like to be able to vary the contents of the packets.

I would like to have software that can analyse the received data.

Initially the transmission medium will be almost ideal ... no loss if
information. After the Tx & Rx have been verified to operate correctly,
the transmission medium will change and losses occur.

Thanks

Adrian
--
Adrian Blake