How do I stop iptables logging to the console

Brett Worth brett_worth at softhome.net
Fri Jan 11 16:25:07 EST 2002

On Fri, 11 Jan 2002 15:36, Howard Lowndes wrote:

> In a couple of situations the iptables logs go to the console as well as
> to the /var/log/messages, others log only to the log file.

I use "fwbuilder" to create my rules for iptables and it uses the option
"--log-level" to the the syslog priority but there seems to be no way to set
the facility which I think must be set to "kern".

I've also commented out the "kern.* /dev/console" line in /etc/syslog.conf
which is probably why I dont get the messages you're getting.

I've got *.debug going to /var/log/messages which is where I get my iptables
messages.

--
Brett