How do I stop iptables logging to the console

Howard Lowndes lannet at lannet.com.au
Fri Jan 11 15:36:37 EST 2002

I have iptables installed on a number of my clients sites now; identical
installations as well, and new kernels (RH7.1 or 7.2 with the kernels
modded for IPSec)

In a couple of situations the iptables logs go to the console as well as
to the /var/log/messages, others log only to the log file.

I've checked the syslog.conf file and there is nothing odd ball there.
The reporting level in iptables is the default.

I cannot fathom out why this odd behavour is occuring, but it would be
bloody annoying except that these machines are normally headless, so it
only becomes annoying when I put a monitor on them.

Ideas anyone?

--
Howard.
LANNet Computing Associates - Your Linux people