make installed rpm

Kim Holburn kim.holburn at anu.edu.au
Mon Jan 7 11:27:24 EST 2002

Hi Guys,

Perhaps someone can give me some advice about this.  I want to compile a program and rather than do a "make install" and just install it I want to create an rpm and then install the rpm.  How do I do that?

In other words, rather than have the "make install" command splatter files all over the place I want the install to be controlled by the rpm system/database.  So I can check before installing if it's going to clobber things it shouldn't, so I can easily uninstall if necessary and so I can easily install it on other systems.

Is there a simple way of doing this?  If it's an RTFM, which manual?

Kim
Kim Holburn  Network Consultant  P/F: +61 2 61258620 M: +61 0417820641
Email: kim.holburn at anu.edu.au - PGP Public Key on request

Life is complex - It has real and imaginary parts.
     Andrea Leistra (rec.arts.sf.written.Robert-jordan)