Feb CLUG 28th

Martijn van Oosterhout kleptog at svana.org
Tue Feb 26 17:04:13 EST 2002

On Tue, Feb 26, 2002 at 03:16:00PM +1100, Burn Alting wrote:
> This may sound a little stupid, but perhaps over the months we can get
> EVERYONE to talk.
>
> Basically, I was thinking that anyone who wants to, or can be cajoled by
> friends or the person sitting next to them, could get up and give a brief
> talk on what they do in the Linux/computing field. I think this might
> generate more interest in the meetings ... besides, you get to know more
> people and they may be in a field that you are interested in. You can always
> introduce yourself to them and talk with them later over pizza.
>
> It doesn't matter if a person's talk is for 5 minutes or 20 minutes.
> I don't suggest we commit the whole meeting to it, but over the next few
> months we get four or five people (or more) to talk each night ... besides
> it's an excellent form of "Networking". Fortunately CLUG is still small
> enough to do this.

Interesting idea. Maybe we need some incentive, like if your talk is over 5
minutes, you get pizza free and over 10 minutes you get a whole dessert. Or
something like that :). Mind you, I'm not sure if there is enough money
available to cover that, but hey.

Then again, maybe that's too formal and the cajoling is more appropriate.
--
Martijn van Oosterhout <kleptog at svana.org>
http://svana.org/kleptog/