NFS mount problem

Martijn van Oosterhout kleptog at svana.org
Wed Feb 20 09:32:55 EST 2002

On Wed, Feb 20, 2002 at 08:31:37AM +1100, Howard Lowndes wrote:
> I have a vfat partition mounted on box A and I am then trying to nfs mount
> that from box B.  Box A looks to accept the nfs mount request OK judging
> by the /proc/fs/nfs and /var/lib/nfs entries, but box B is still denied
> the access; the message from box B (NFS client) being:
>
>  mount 192.168.255.131:/mnt/hda /mnt/disk/
> mount: 192.168.255.131:/mnt/hda failed, reason given by server: Permission denied

Any messages from the NFS server in syslog? The most common issue I've come
across is that the client must be in the server's /etc/hosts file or access
is refused.

I don't know whether that applies to the kernel nfs daemon though.

HTH,
--
Martijn van Oosterhout <kleptog at svana.org>
http://svana.org/kleptog/