Parliment House Webcasting - limited access through proprietary formats

Brad Hards bhards at bigpond.net.au
Wed Feb 20 07:05:27 EST 2002

On Tue, 19 Feb 2002 23:22, Anthony David wrote:
> BTW, neither RealPlayer nor QTime (only available on MacOS and Win)
> qualify as Free Software.
Depends on which part of the quicktime stuff you are talking about:
http://www.opensource.apple.com/projects/streaming/
[and a license which might or might not be strictly Free, but probably makes
it]

Although I think that MPEG-4 stuff was in dispute for patent rights (see
yesterday's Australian newspaper, I don't recalll the details).

Brad