pdf optimisation

John Griffiths john at capmon.com
Tue Feb 19 19:24:41 EST 2002

>Are you using apache as your web server? It is my understanding that there
>were osme issues in byte serving (required for linearization to work on
>web servers) in some older versions...
>
>Mikal

Yes we are, the problem appears to happen in non-optimised versions however,

and occurs far, far less in netscape...

I think pdfopt in the recent gs-aladdin packages will do what  want
(fingers crossed)

WARNING -
This email is confidential and may contain copyright material.
If you are not the intended recipient of Capital Monitor's original e-mail,
please notify me by return e-mail, delete your copy of the message, and
accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused.
Republication or re-dissemination, including posting to news groups or web
pages, is strictly prohibited without the express prior consent of Capital
Monitor Pty Ltd.

John Griffiths			Tel 02 6273 4899
Capital Monitor Pty Ltd		Fax 02 6273 4905
Press Gallery 			Mobile: 0412 690 643
Parliament House		e-mail: john at capmon.com
Canberra   ACT   2600		http://www.capmon.com
Australia			ICQ No: 7933859