XMPS

Peter Smith peter.smith13 at bigpond.com
Tue Feb 19 19:14:30 EST 2002

> Does anyone know of a divx player for ppc architecture??
> XMPS is only available so far for x86 in the Woody debian dist.
> I tried compiling, but found all sorts of inconsistencies within the code.
> I'd rather use a package.

XMPS is pretty much totally dead it hasn't done anything in like a year
check out their site last news post (Jan 20, 2001) unfortunately the only
other movie players that I know about is mplayer http://www.mplayerhq.hu and
xine http://sourceforge.net/projects/xine/ which are no use to PPC users at
all. Maybe try to get a port going or see if one is in progress but I don't
like your chances xine is written partly in ASM and the mplayer people seem
to be Asses.