Converting MBX to MBOX formats

Brett Worth brettw at cray.com.au
Mon Feb 18 15:32:33 EST 2002

> On 2002.02.16 22:17 Doug Palmer wrote:
>
> To answer my own question:
>
> > Would anyone know
> > what
> > the MBX format used by Mahogany is?
>
> It's a binary format used by pine and IMAP. It essentially contains the
> straight text mail messages, with a CRLF convention, but surrounded by
> header information containing message length etc. information, to allow
> quick searches and lookups.

Doug,

Are you sure about that?  I use pine and I never see binary in my
mailboxes.  I thought they were good old mbox.  Or are you talking about
PC-PINE?  Maybe that's different.

> It's undocumented as a format. The author informs me that he likes to keep
> it that way so that people access it through the IMAP API.

--
Brett

 Cray Australia.
 brettw at cray.com +61 2 6295 4023

PGP: 1024R/27EB604F  22A9 A85A 22BD 496B 2443
                     35E5 46F7 0712 27EB 604F