Best firewall gateway version of Linux ?

Matthew Hawkins matthew at topic.com.au
Wed Feb 13 11:03:02 EST 2002

On Wed, 13 Feb 2002, Alex Satrapa wrote:
> I've been working on a Debian-based box with webmin and a couple of
> scripts that I've pared down from the SmoothWall installation (the ones
> responsible for doing the dial-up/disconnect from a web page).

Reading the doco on Gibraltar, I think an excellent thing to do would be
to add a web based interface to it.  It'd be real funny to build a
better one than they ship with the commercial version ;-)

Another neat thing to do would be to make it bootable from floppy, so
systems without bootable cd-rom support could run Gibraltar.  Perhaps
the quickest way would be to use one of those MS-DOS utilities for
booting from cd-rom, and drop FreeDOS on a floppy and use that.  That
would hopefully still leave enough room on the floppy for the config
files that need to be there, and hence no disk swapping would be
necessary.

--
Matt