linux digest, Vol 1 #609 - 9 msgs

Peter Foley pjfoley at austarmetro.com.au
Thu Feb 7 18:35:25 EST 2002

I saw this last night as well and wanted to get foley.name =p.  But it
appears as you said that you cannot.

On google I did a search last night for "new top level domains name" and
eventually came to this site.

http://www.internic.net/faqs/new-tlds.html

Which links to : http://www.nic.name/

Here is a listed of reserved names :
http://www.inww.com/document.php?handle=faqnamereserved

Here is the FAQ item for why you cannot register (surname).name :
http://www.gnr.com/corporate/page/67/100.html

Here is a company with more info (FAQ Items) : http://gnr.com/corporate/

Hope this helps.  I was interested in getting my name but it appears that
all mail goes to someone's server then gets forwarded to your nominated mail
server.

Peter.