Rules for .name names

Jan Newmarch jan.newmarch at infotech.monash.edu.au
Wed Feb 6 16:16:12 EST 2002

Tried a google search and looked around internic.org but couldn't
find the answers.

What are the rules governing .name names? I tried to get
www.newmarch.name for hosting family trees, etc, and was told
from Melbourne IT that it was a "reserved name". All names must
apparently be second level with two dots, as in jan.newmarch.name
(so I can't get newmarch.name either). Fair enough, I guess, but
I was wondering where this list of rules is written down.

Jan
--
A/Prof Jan Newmarch
School of Network Computing
jan.newmarch at infotech.monash.edu.au

No-one calls a spade a spade if there's a chance of
calling it instead an HDK ("hole development kit")