Getting a BJC2100SP to work

Peter Barker pbarker at barker.dropbear.id.au
Mon Feb 4 22:52:04 EST 2002

On Mon, 4 Feb 2002, Richard Rose wrote:

> > What happened when  you sent plain text to /dev/lp0? Did it give you an
> > error, or just swallow it? A strace may be useful.

> No errors, is seemed to just swallow it. Never used strace before.

Well, now's as good a time as any :-)

strace -f -s 8000 -o ~/mystrace cat /etc/passwd > /dev/lp0

man strace will tell you what those options do. They mail hardly any of
the passwd file to me at all. The -f is habit.

> Richard R :-)

Yours,
--
Peter Barker                          |   N    _--_|\ /---- Barham, Vic
Programmer,Sysadmin,Geek              | W + E /     /\