Getting a BJC2100SP to work

Peter Barker pbarker at barker.dropbear.id.au
Sat Feb 2 23:41:53 EST 2002

On Sat, 2 Feb 2002, Richard Rose wrote:

> I am having a bit of trouble getting a Canon BJC2100SP printer to work on my
> RedHat 7.2 Box. Nothing I do seems to be able to get anything to print. I
> have even tried sending raw text to /dev/lp0 but to no avail. Can anyone tell
> me what I am missing.

I assume you're running a stock system - so you have all the appropriate
modules, and they are loaded?

What happened when  you sent plain text to /dev/lp0? Did it give you an
error, or just swallow it? A strace may be useful.

> Richard R :-)

Yours,
--
Peter Barker                          |   N    _--_|\ /---- Barham, Vic
Programmer,Sysadmin,Geek              | W + E /     /\