Getting a BJC2100SP to work

Michael Still mikal at stillhq.com
Sat Feb 2 20:24:49 EST 2002

On Sat, 2 Feb 2002, Richard Rose wrote:

> I am having a bit of trouble getting a Canon BJC2100SP printer to work on my
> RedHat 7.2 Box. Nothing I do seems to be able to get anything to print. I
> have even tried sending raw text to /dev/lp0 but to no avail. Can anyone tell
> me what I am missing.

Have you tried using printtool (it might be hyphenated, I can never
remember, and I don't have a booted redhat box to check on)?

The next step would be to try and determine if the BJC2100SP talks
Postscript or not, if not, you'll probably need some sort of filter
(perhaps Ghostscript?).

Mikal

--

Michael Still (mikal at stillhq.com)     UMT+11hrs